top of page

Core Grants

This group is made up of a small number of exceptional nonprofits who are aligned with our Foundation’s mission and values, and whose work will have a direct impact on our vision of Guatemala. These organizations are renowned for their exceptional professionalism, strategic work, and impact.

Based on grantee’s current strategic plan and goals, nonprofits in this group will receive multi-year grants and when possible unrestricted funding at a level that is significant (10-20% of their annual budgets) to their organizational budgets.

Of the total annual grant funds avilable, Core Grants receive 90%, with the remaining 10% going to Learning Grants. The distribution within this group is:

  • 30% Nature Conservation

  • 50% Women's and Girls' Equality

  • 10% Democracy and Citizen Participation

Nature Conservation

Defensores de la Naturaleza

Instituto Privado de Investigación sobre Cambio Climático

ARCAS

Fundación Mundo Azul

Centro de Conservación Marina AGHN

Women's and Girls' Equality

Antigua International School

MAIA Impact School

Limitless Horizons Ixil

Planting Seeds International

Safe Passage

Young Scholars Academy of CAG

Women’s Justice Initiative

Wuqu’ Kawoq

Creamos

WINGS Guatemala

CasaSito

Guatemalan Youth Initiative

Democracy and Youth Participation

Fundación de Antropología Forense de Guatemala

Be Just, Inc.

Seattle International Foundation

bottom of page